Tuesday 17 October 2006

i'm big

there's a big internet thing happening today where everyone is invited to blog about their day & all the contributions will be held in the british library. what a lovely idea. so here's my lovely day...

I don't normally watch Eastenders because I actively avoid unnecessary misery, but it appears to be on the telly-box so I have some brain time to commit my day to text. So that's nice.
Well, to betray my normal blognique and use a standard bloginning: my day began at half past three when I awoke with a rather gooey dry-mouth. Rather than climb from my bed and disturb my brother-in-law who was a-kip on my floor, I thought of hoverbikes until I slept again.
I was rudely awakened again by radio 4 seeping from my clock-radio at six. In one motion I oozed out of my bed, through the shower and onto my bike. Off we sped to Westminster where I work as a sound engineer in a large conference venue. So that was nice wasn't it?
Yes.
There wasn't much going on today, only one conference for team leaders of the DfES. Yawn. I did get a proper lunchbreak though which is unusual. During our lunches, my boss and I have been watching episodes of Monkey Dust in our office. We've just started series 2. Its funnier than season one, but I do miss Ivor Dobbski the Meatsafe Murderer (only he never done it, he only said he did so the police would sew his testicles back on).
I had a email conversation with a few of my friends. Ellen wants to bring her new doggy 'Jack' to Christmas One. I decided he should be renamed Scamp. Ellen did not agree and threatened to eat me. I should explain what Christmas One is; my friends like to have it a few weeks before christmas actually happens. It means we get to have a fun christmas, one to remember when we all travel back to our hometowns to
the inevitable dull celebrations with our families.
..
I'm now writing this a couple of hours on. The suicidle soap opera has been replaced with a DVD of highlights of Dick & Dom in da Bungalow. My housemate and longest standing friend worked on it. We loved it, but our new housemate never saw it, so we're educating her.
My trusty computer is upstairs downloading the latest episode of Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip for us to watch later.
Who knows what else might happen today, but a forage into YouTube has led us to a clip descibed as 'Gizmodo hooks up four GPS devices at the same time and ends up with a maelstrom of voices leading to a nightmarish conclusion.'
A wonderful thing the internet.
I enjoyed my day, but now I need a weewee. Which I plan on enjoying.
I hope you enjoyed your day too.
Okaybye.
With love from the Urban Cowboy.

No comments: