Thursday 8 March 2007

i'm hip, but not hop

i wonder what cold lamping is...i don't like most hip hop. call me a middle-class-cracka if you like but i find it misogynistic, unnecessarily violent and, well, just. plain. bad.
not really music at all, but just shouting noisily over a computer generated beat.

elements/symptoms of hip hop are impressive: improvised off-the-cuff rhyme, human beatbox, occasionally even soulful poetics. but thats pretty rare, most radio play is the here i am with a gun and some prostitutes in my car with my pals, let's all go and have some sort of fight with some other chaps because i saw one of their friends walking along my street last tuesday kind of hip hop.

i just don't get it.

here are the lyrics to shake ya ass by mystikal (sic):
Came here with my dick in my hand
Don't make me leave here with my foot in yo ass
Be cool, and don't worry about how I'm rippin this shit
When I'm flippin when kickin, nigga this just what I do
I'm effervesecent and I'm off that crescent (?)
Nastier than a full grown German Shepherd
Motherfucker keep steppin
They don't fuck with me and they won't
Yall bitches cant catch me and you won't
Tell ya self, bitch ass throw that pussy
I'm proud of my poo nanny, and a dollar for my booty
You think I'm trippin, bitch I ain't trippin
I'm buyin if you got curves for your iceberg
Drinkin here acting like it's gonna do somethin to me
Hope this indecent proposel make you do somethin with me
Fuck a dollar girl pick up fifty
And fuck that coward you need a real nigga
Off top a nigga bout hurtin shit
Bend over hoe show me what you workin with


lovely.

and quite a lot funny really, if you read it out loud

ben folds covers fiddy cent. the stuff of legend

No comments: