Wednesday 28 March 2007

I'm not going to let this slide

I was just the lucky recipient of one of those random acts of kindness that you hear about but hardly ever witness. After a lovely evening with my good friend ned, I tumbled down into the tube system to make my way back homeward.
With a slap of my oyster I passed through the gates and proceeded to struggle with my crutch/limp/thumb/wallet situation, to a point where coins suddenly erupted forth from the coin pouch in my tatty money recepticle. Like a silvery fountain a token group of five pence pieces and a small selection of coppers made their way outwards and rested in a pathetic starburst around me. A silly amount of money to be perfectly
honest. 'that's a pain' thought I did I, and began to sort out my wallet to return it to it's humble pocket dwelling.

Until two people, yep two, saw the silvery starburst, the crutch and the plastercast and decided to busy themselves picking up my meagre finances.

"it's really okay," I said, but they wouldn't desist until every last coin was returned to my threadbare leather pouchlette.

I estimated about 37 pence.

If by some remarkable string of coincidences either of those two people happen to come across this blog, those two kind souls who picked up fivepences for the guy in the blue shirt at 9:30 in charing cross tube station,

thank you.

While the sum of money was insignificant, the gesture wasn't.

No comments: