oh god. why does george lucas insist on sequentially destroying all my childhood icons? do you really want a list?... i'll try and keep it short.
- where is the storyline? it's just a line of various action constructs, only a few of which actually feature indiana jones.
- harrison ford - despite all the reviews - DOES actually look and move like a 60 year old man.
- whats with all the pointless CGI? i know it's lucasfilm's aim now, to replace everything they possibly can with a drawing.. but seriously. it was done brilliantly 20 years ago so why can't it be done now?
- shia leboef's outfit was not a 'nod of homage to james dean' it was just a copy.
- cate blanchett's accent was regularly distressing.
- what the hell was up with the monkey sequence?
- what the hell is up with naming a character 'mutt'?
- how many times have we seen the 'you are not my father' thing? enough!
- how did mutt instantly learn how to swing like spiderman. i know it's a fantasy... but that was a long way out of the realms of this universe.
- what was the point in the nuclear explosion scene?
- SPACESHIPS?!?!?! ...only the spaceships don't go to space. they go to the "space between space"..... which is still 'space' as far as i can work out.
lucas, spielburg and jones. once a collaboration of genius and a faithful, pure, exciting memory.... should have stayed that way. they are all far too old to make movies.
formulaic rather than craft, money over substance, tearful instead of exhilarating. horrible and upsetting. what are they going to ruin next: the a-team? back to the future? if they go near the goonies i'm going to wipe my shit on every copy in blockbusters. gah!